Wednesday, October 21, 2009

When the cable man cometh

After months of waiting we finally got UVERSE installed in our teeny tiny home today. It's this combo internet, TV, phone GODsend that has had me somewhat glued to the TV for the past four hours. For the first time ever I am able to record 4 shows at once. Now - believe it or not - I'm not a big TV guy. My BF on the other hand is - he's a bit of an addict when it comes to the box - which is actually quite helpful. When I do make it in he insists, much to my begrudge, that I should watch this one scene from Grey's, or this one dance or song on the competition shows. He's actually been a great editor - and that was with just ONE recordable show at a time - now - it is possible I may never leave the house again.

But I digress - more about my day - specifically about the appointment that I had with the cable guy. If you are feeling extremely behind in catching up on paperwork, filing invoices, paying bills, cleaning up the dust under the bookshelf that has turned into a small blanket - and simply cannot find the time to make it happen - might I suggest having U Verse or a viable alternative installed. The entire process takes about two hours and offers two great benefits - 2 hours you have to be home; and 2 hours you will be sans internet.

The last benefit was perhaps the greatest. I couldn't be distracted by the internet, returning emails, logging onto day job 1 (DJ1) remotely - the only thing I could do was file paperwork. I fancied myself in an episode of MadMen, where there were no computers and my day was spent with important papers - but then I realized if that were the case my day would have been more likely filled with cocktails and whoring out with my brunette secretary. I had neither the access to nor the desire for either, so I continued filing away.

So if you are feeling swamped by a mound of papers piling up in the corner, on your desk, etc. might I suggest installing (or disconnecting beyond repair) your internet connection.

No comments: